The Federal Government of Pakistan has announced the Ministry of Planning Jobs 2023 for the Young Development Fellows Program. Both men and women are eligible for this fellowship program.
The Young Development Fellows (YDFs) Program is a one-year program that aims to groom talented young women and men with distinguished academic backgrounds and leadership potential to lead Pakistan in the 21st century.
YDFs will gain valuable job experience by working on “stretch/learning assignments” as members of a team. They are expected to make significant contributions to the unit’s work program and gain a broad overview of the Planning Commission’s policies and functions.
This is a unique opportunity for highly qualified and motivated young people who are interested in working in areas relevant to the Planning Commission’s work, such as:
- Economic development
- Social development
- Infrastructure development
- Sustainable development
- Governance and institutional development
To apply for the YDF Program 2023, please read the complete details below and submit your application by the deadline.
|Posted on||October 16, 2023|
|Deadline||October 30, 2023|
|Hiring Organization||Ministry Of Planning, Development & Special Initiatives|
The Ministry of Planning, Development & Special Initiatives (MOPDSI) is a government agency in Pakistan responsible for planning and implementing the country’s development policies and programs. The ministry is also responsible for overseeing the implementation of special initiatives launched by the government.
What does the MOPDSI do?
The MOPDSI has a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Formulating and implementing the country’s development strategy
- Preparing the national development plan
- Coordinating the activities of various ministries and departments involved in development
- Mobilizing resources for development
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress of development programs
- Overseeing the implementation of special initiatives launched by the government
Why is the MOPDSI important?
The MOPDSI plays a vital role in Pakistan’s development process. The ministry’s policies and programs have a direct impact on the lives of millions of Pakistanis. The ministry is also responsible for overseeing the implementation of some of the government’s most important initiatives, such as the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project and the Ehsaas program.
|S #||Area / Field||S.#||Area / Field|
|1.||Economic/international Economic||9.||Project management|
|2.||Social Sector||10.||Project Appraisal|
|3.||Energy||11.||Public policy and governance|
|4.||Performance Management & Evaluation||12.||Development Communication|
|5.||Strategic planning||13.||Infrastructure development|
|6.||Information Technology||14.||Financial analysis / management|
|7.||Urban planning||15.||Water Management|
Eligibility criteria for the Ministry of Planning, Development & Special Initiatives (MOPDSI) Young Development Fellows Program:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old.
- Have a Ph.D., master’s degree, or professional degree (at least 16 years of education).
- Be committed to and passionate about national development.
- Have outstanding academic and/or professional credentials.
- Demonstrate excellent team leadership skills.
- Be eager to learn beyond the prescribed curriculum.
- Have good personal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be involved in and have achieved success in extracurricular activities, creative endeavors, and innovation.
- Perform well in interviews.
How to Apply?
The selected YDFs will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 75,000/- all-inclusive for period of one year. Interested candidates may apply on line with in fifteen (15) days of the date of publication of this advertisement on the website link: www.pc.qov.pk / www.nip.qov.pk.
Only short listed candidates will be called for test / interview and no TA/DA will be provided. Any query will be responded through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.