Portugal is a popular place for foreign workers, and now people looking for short-term jobs can get a summer work visa to work there.
To apply, you must have a valid work contract or job offer from a Portuguese employer in an eligible field, such as agriculture, hospitality, food processing, or construction. You’ll also need a legal passport, travel insurance, and enough money to cover your expenses while you’re there.
The process of applying is pretty easy, and you can do it online or at a Portuguese office or consulate. Most of the time, processing takes a few weeks.
The Portugal summer work visa is a great choice if you want to do something different and rewarding at work in a beautiful country with a lot of history and culture.
Duration of Stay and Extension:
With a Portugal Seasonal Work Visa, you can enjoy the atmosphere of Portugal for 90 days or for 9 months. This visa is so flexible that you can even reapply for an extension to stay in this exciting country for an extra 3 months.
Application Process and Channels:
Foreigners from third countries who want to do seasonal work in Portugal must get either a short-stay seasonal visa or a temporary stay seasonal work visa. You can start the application process for this visa at either the Embassy of Portugal or VFS Global, giving you more than one way to get a job in Portugal.
Details of Portugal Seasonal Work Visa 2023
Work Sectors: Seasonal work under this visa should be in the areas that the Portuguese government has chosen. Some eligible sectors are:
- Agriculture, livestock, hunting, forestry, and fishing.
- Hospitality, restaurants, and related fields.
- The food industry, liquor, and tobacco sectors.
- Gross and retail commerce.
- Land transport.
Types of Seasonal Visas:
There are two categories of seasonal visas available:
- Short Stay Visa – Seasonal Work Visa
- Temporary Stay Visas – Subordinate Seasonal Work
Visa Application Fee:
Those who want to get a visa have to pay an application fee, which is usually 80 Euros.
Duration of Seasonal Visa:
- Short Stay Visa: Allows a stay of up to 90 days.
- Temporary Stay Visas: Extendable up to 12 months.
Required Documents for Portugal Seasonal Work Visa:
The following documents are essential for your Portugal seasonal work visa application:
- Application form for visa: This is a document that you will need to fill out and submit to the Portuguese immigration authorities. It will ask for your personal information, such as your name, address, and passport number, as well as information about your employment and financial situation.
- Valid travel documents: This means a passport that is valid for at least three months beyond the end of your intended stay in Portugal. You may also need a visa, depending on your nationality.
- Passport photographs: These are two recent photographs of you that meet the Portuguese immigration authorities’ requirements.
- Return ticket: This is a ticket for your transportation back to your home country.
- Travel insurance: This is insurance that will cover you in case of medical emergencies or other unforeseen circumstances while you are in Portugal.
- Proof of means of subsistence: This means documentation that shows that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Portugal. This could include bank statements, proof of employment, or a letter from a sponsor.
- Work contract or valid work offer for seasonal purposes: This is a document that shows that you have a job offer in Portugal. It should specify the location, type of work, duration, salary, and paid vacation.
- Proof of accommodation: This is documentation that shows that you have a place to stay in Portugal. This could be a rental agreement, a letter from the landlord, or a copy of your hotel reservation.
Visa Exemption for European Citizens:
Citizens of European countries don’t need a visa to enter Portugal, and they don’t need a work pass to work there either. This change makes it easier for European people who want to work in Portugal to do so.
Eligibility for Seasonal Work Visa
The Seasonal Work Visa for Portugal is available to people from all countries, so people from many different backgrounds can apply for seasonal work possibilities.
How and Where to Apply for the Portugal Seasonal Work Visa 2023:
VFS Global makes it easier for Portuguese people to get visas in most countries. Here’s how to do it step by step:
- Go to the VFS Global website.
- Select your country of residence.
- Choose Portugal as your destination country.
- Select the visa type, which is “Seasonal Work”.
- Review the list of required documents, visa fees, and application forms.
- Complete all application steps and schedule an appointment at the Embassy of Portugal through VFS Global.
- Attend the appointment, submit your documents and passport, and wait for the visa decision.
here are the job sites for seasonal jobs in Portugal
- Indeed.pt is a popular job search engine that lists a variety of seasonal jobs in Portugal. You can search for jobs by keyword, location, and other criteria.
- InfoJobs.pt is another popular job search engine that lists seasonal jobs in Portugal. You can also create a profile and upload your resume to be considered for jobs.
- Turijobs.pt is a job search engine specifically for the tourism industry in Portugal. You can find seasonal jobs in hotels, restaurants, and other tourism-related businesses.
- EURES (European Employment Services) is a network of employment services across Europe. You can search for seasonal jobs in Portugal through the EURES website.
- SeasonalJobsInPortugal.com is a website that specializes in seasonal jobs in Portugal. You can find jobs in a variety of sectors, including agriculture, hospitality, and tourism.
- LinkedIn is a social networking site for professionals. You can use LinkedIn to connect with potential employers and find seasonal jobs in Portugal.
How long does it take to get a Portugal seasonal work visa?
The processing time for a Portugal seasonal work visa can vary depending on the country where you apply. In general, it can take anywhere from 15 to 60 days.
How do I apply for a Portugal seasonal work visa?
You can apply for a Portugal seasonal work visa online or at a Portuguese embassy or consulate. The application process is relatively straightforward and requires the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A completed application form
- Two recent passport photographs
- A copy of your work contract or job offer
- Proof of financial resources
- Proof of accommodation
- Travel Insurance
Can I apply for a Portugal seasonal work visa if my country isn’t mentioned on VFS Global?
Yes, you can still apply for a Portugal seasonal work visa if your country isn’t mentioned on VFS Global. You can contact the Portuguese Embassy in your country for more information.
Where can I find more information about the Portugal seasonal work visa?
You can find more information about the Portugal seasonal work visa on the website of the Portuguese Immigration and Naturalization Service.