In order to make it easier for people to get their driving license, Punjab Police has set up an e-driving license facility in the whole state. On the Driving Licence Information Management System (DLMIS) website, you can now get a digital copy of your license.
You can get the PDF version of the e-driving license on your phone. It is also called an online driving license. The number of driving license centre in Punjab has also gone from 45 to 200, which is a big improvement.
It’s important to remember that you can’t apply for an e-driving license without first registering for a regular license.
Wanna get an e-driving license in Punjab? Here are the steps:
- Go to the DLIMS website: https://dlims.punjab.gov.pk/
- Click on the “E-License” tab.
- Enter your CNIC number and date of birth.
- Click “Verify”.
- If your details are correct, you can download your e-driving license in PDF format.
Here are the documents you’ll need to apply for an e-driving license in Punjab:
- Your original learner permit must be at least 6 weeks old.
- A medical certificate.
- 3 passport-sized photos.
- An attested copy of your CNIC.
The fee for an e-driving license in Punjab is 100 rupees. You can pay this fee online or at the licensing center.
Once you have got your e-driving license, you can print it out and use it as a valid license. It’s a copy of your actual license in digital form, and it has the same legal weight.
Here are some of the perks of having an e-driving license:
- It’s more convenient to carry around since it’s digital.
- You can easily download it from the DLIMS website.
- It’s more secure since it’s tamper-proof.
- It’s easier to update your details.